Facebook are currently testing a new feature allowing a “Call To Action” – Aka a clickable link inside a video that you upload to your business page. Originally only intended for Paid Marketing clients, facebook is currently testing this feature on both paid and free statuses. If you are using the facebook viral video method and have not included this little technique, then you NEED to take a look at this now.
To add a Call-To-Action to your video.
1. This only works on a Page, not on a personal profile. So if you don’t yet have a facebook page. GO ahead and create one.
2. In order to se these options, you need to be posting as the Page, and not as yourself.
3. Click to create a new “Photo / Video” Status and select the video you wish to upload.
4. You can also enter in some text to tell people what you video will be about.
5. Now underneath the status is a new link saying “Add a call to action”. Go ahead and click on the link and then fill in title and description, and also most importantly the link to the website where you would like people to be sent.
Now go ahead and submit your video and wait for it to upload. Once it goes live, you will notice that at the end of the video, a link comes up with the button text you chose.